click here to close this box and continue browsing.
This blog has been transferred to a new site. Please look there.
Under My Skin
Aug 20, 2006
Excerpt from my journal:
I'm here on the plane to Israel, about to formally declare myself an Israeli, and it just hasn't sunk in yet. Something makes me wonder whether it will in any reasonable amount of time, if ever. Perhaps I am going to wake up suddenly in the middle of the night, months from now, and say, "wow, I'm here in Israel. I'm an Israeli citizen living in Israel." Or maybe I won't come to the realization abruptly at all; maybe through a series of little pinpricks of experience it will slowly enter my mind or crawl under my skin, the way that cold air seeps through the cracks into old houses in the winter, or like a worn hammock will gradually sap your consciousness from you, until you find yourself dreaming with no clear idea how you got there, but perfectly content to live in the dream for as long as you are permitted.

1 person hopping:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!

Subscribe to: